HVAC Myrtle Beach: Feelin’ Hot, Hot, Hot
It's that time of year when the humidity can be a killer. Your thermostat might read 85 degrees, when in reality it feels like over 100 outside. So what happens if your HVAC system goes down? Obviously you can call Beach Air to come fix it, but what do you do in the meantime? Here are a few quick tips to help you stay cool as you wait for the HVAC Myrtle Beach specialists to arrive (that's us).
1. Box Fans Out – Point box fans out the window so that they blow the hot air OUT.
2. Chill Out – To cool down quickly, apply ice packs to pulse points at the wrists, neck, elbows, groin, ankles and behind the knees.
3. Sleep Alone – Cuddling increases body heat, so if you need to stay cool, try to sleep in separate rooms.
4. Cold Shower – This may seem obvious, but a cold shower will lower body temperature. Not a long term solution, but a quick fix.
5. Cotton Sheets – Lightweight cotton sheets are breathable and excellent for ventilation. Light-colored ones are preferred.
6. Turn Off The Lights – Light bulbs give off heat. If you are looking to decrease the temperature in your house, flick the light switch to off.
Don't worry, it won't take us long to get to your Myrtle Beach home. In the meantime, hopefully you can find a few of these tips useful!